We are striving to achieve The Goal set forth by the Rebbe Rashab: “To create and establish a yeshiva for our youth under good supportive supervision – with Hashem help – that the students entire efforts will be in Torah and the service if Hashem, their physical needs will be greatly fulfilled, so that they will have no disturbance in their service, so that their hearts and minds will be fully engaged with their learning and service of Hashem.”
Chassidic Values and Principles of the Yeshivah, and the Skills it strives to Develop:
- לימוד התורה – להאיר אור – The approach to learning Nigleh and Chassidus be in a manner that they become a single entity and purpose.
- עבודה שבלב – Divine service within the heart, intent on developing a relationship with Hashem.
- לידע את האמת, ניט נארין זיך, ניט נארין יענעם – Everything must be done with a full true heart, without fooling yourself or others.
- פנימיות זהו תכלית הכוונה והיסוד המעמיד ומקיים הכל – A Pnimi knows where he stands. He internalizes things. His true desire is that his fulfilment of Mitzvos and Learning Torah be with a Chayos Pnimi.
- גרונטיקע מענטשן – Develop students who will be well grounded.
- ביטול … אוועקלייג צו אלקות – Avodah should be internalized so that it affects a Bittul, a subjugation to Elokus, bringing about a submission of materialistic instincts and nature.
- דיינער ווי מיינער – אהבת ישראל – What’s mine is yours. The piece of bread that I have is YOURS just as much as it is mine.
- התקשרות לנשיא דורנו– Nurtures Talmidim in an environment infused with Hiskashrus to the Rebbe. Hiskashrus is the foundation for the life of a Tomim.
- אהבה ויראה – To develop a love for Hashem and be in total awe of Hashem’s greatness.
- שמחה – To have a joyous disposition.
- אתכפיא – Self Control and discipline. Training to govern our natural materialistic instincts.
- מסירת נפש – The Yeshivah will give expression to the Baal Shem Tov’s path of self-sacrifice for the knowledge of Elokus and for love of a fellow Jew.
- אלקות בפשיטות ומציאות בהתחדשות – The students should learn to see things from the perspective that Elokus is the obvious reality, while their own existence, and anything aside from Hashem is a novel perception.
- הפצת המעיינות – To bring the love of Torah study and of Mitzvos, accompanied by Avodas Hashem and Ahavas Yisroel, to a broader spectrum of people.
- אמת, אהבה, געטרייקייט, איבּערגעגעבּענקייט – The approach of the Yeshiva will be that the student is a child of the Yeshivah. The Love between students should be exemplary; the loyalty and devotion between the students and the administration is paramount
- להיות יהודי שלם בגופו בנשמתו ובתורתו – It should be a place of education, where a student learns and experiences how to be a complete Jew, in Mitzvos, Davening, and Torah – so that all will recognize in him the connection of the three aspects: the Jew, the Torah, and Hashem.
- להכין את עצמו ואת כל העולם כולו לקבלת פני משיח תיכף ומיד ממש – The ultimate focus, goal, mission and vision of all the above, and of every part of a students day to day life is to prepare oneself, surrounding, and effectively the entire world for the coming of Moshiach speedily.
The Yeshiva endeavors, to uncover the Rebbe Rashab’s highly important mission of founding Tomchei T’mimim, and apply this vision and its values as the centerpiece of the entire curriculum and core being. A Yeshivah where Chassidic values and principles will be core of the fabric of the Yeshivah, fused into its Torah learning, Davening, Curriculum and Farbrengens, etc. The mission and vision of the Yeshivah and its main focus is firmly based on the original words of the Rabbeim and the goals set forth by the Rebbe Rashab when he founded Tomchei Tmimim in 5657.
As a yeshiva, its main mission will be לימוד התורה on a high academic level. It will be geared to a high achieving Bochur who is interested in broadening his level of learning and deeper understanding. This will be through a unique study regimen, with an ambitious curriculum for Nigleh and Chassidus, with engaging and stimulating shiurim.
However, its focus and intent will not be on the “data” alone, for simply “acquiring knowledge” or “covering ground”, rather its primary focus will be (Combining) the study of Nigleh and the study of Chassidus with that the Torah they learn should develop them, as expressed by our Rabbeim – “What did Torah you learned teach you?!”
Its Talmidim, sincere bochurim, should be committed to growing and have the capacity and passion for focused learning with Avodas Hashem. A main focus will be on teaching and training the students in Avoda Pnimis, Avoda Shebelev and to foster within them a Connection and a Desire for Hashem.
It will nurture Talmidim in an environment infused with Hiskashrus to the Rebbe. Hiskashrus is the foundation for the life of a Chosid, as well bringing the love of Torah study and of Mitzvos to a broader spectrum of people – Hafotzas Hama’ayonos and bringing about the coming of Moshiach.
The yeshiva will strive to imbue the Students with Darkei Hachassidus, infusing them with true Chassidic Ahavas Yisroel – “What’s mine is yours, The piece of bread that I have is YOURS just as much as it is mine.” Together with Ahavas Hashem – teaching them to develop a love for Hashem and be in total awe of Hashem’s greatness through learning Chassidus. All of this with a joyous disposition and joy of life.
The Yeshivah will endeavor to develop students who are solidly grounded, Mentchen. To train the students that their conduct must be appropriate for a Chossid in regard to their own lives, as well as to their interpersonal relationships. Creating a Tomchei Tmimim-like environment, where student feels like a child of the Yeshivah – where the love between the students is remarkable; and where the loyalty and devotion between the students and the administration is to the greatest extent. The ideal student of this Yeshivah is a Bochur who, in addition to learning Torah and Davening, cares about how to infuse his life with Chassidishe values and how to steadily grow in his Avodas Hashem and Hiskashrus.
The Goal will be to create Happy, well adjusted, Grounded Chassidim with their feet firmly planted in the world, yet with a clear mindfulness towards the mission of creating a Dirah Batchtonim, with a strong Bitul mindset, where true Avodas Hashem should be internalized so that it affects Bittul, bringing about a submission of materialistic instincts and inborn nature, by learning self control and discipline. Training to govern the natural materialistic instincts – Iskafyeh. Learning to be honest – Emes, so that the student knows fully and truthfully where they stand at all times, Nisht Narin zich, Nisht Narin yenem. A Chosid is a Pnimi, who internalizes things and his true desire is that his fulfilment of Mitzvos and Learning Torah should be with a Chayos Pnimi. The students should learn to see things from the perspective that Hashem is the obvious reality, while their own existence, and anything aside from Hashem is a novel perception. this resembles and is a preparation for the situation of the days of Moshiach.
The Yeshiva has acquired a beautiful property in Suffield Connecticut, Located on the Connecticut River, between Hartford and Springfield, Massachusetts. Among Suffield’s many charms are her architectural kaleidoscope of homes, sweeping fields and farms, and scenic Congamond Lakes. The yeshiva Campus which will be a place for a Bochur of today to be fully involved in Avodas Hashem, Learning Nigleh and Chassidus, and Ahavas Yisroel, without needing to worry about anything else.
The space is a ready to use high-end first-class facility – a 135,000 sq. ft. building, situated on 57 Acres, in beautiful Suffield CT., with 900 feet of frontage on the Connecticut river. It includes several large study halls (Zals), 167 dorm rooms, Olympic sized indoor swimming pool, large gym, large library, and more.